Intelligent System Application Technical Committee
Who We Are
The Intelligent Systems Applications Technical Committee (ISATC) is established to (1) to foster more effective transfer of computational intelligence technologies and higher levels of intelligence to large-scale applications important to humanity; (2) to foster greater feedback from the challenges encountered in these applications to the core research in computational intelligence; (3) to make it easier for researchers and corporations whose background is primarily in computational intelligence to increase their contributions in these areas; (4) to develop stronger two-way liaisons with other professional societies who support these goals, as well as with industry and governments.
What We Do
The ISATC shall engage in various activities in order to advance the goals described above, including but not limited to the following:, participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences, nominate lecturers for the CIS distinguished speakers program, collaborate on production of tutorials, sponsor publication of books or CD-ROMs, and organize specialized focused workshops or meetings. Most of the activities of the ISATC shall be conducted through subcommittees, whose core activities will consist of: (1) strategic discussions, primarily by email and ad hoc discussions in person, about how to advance the ISATC goals within their specific domain; (2) acting as a clearing house to disseminate these discussions and other information as they deem appropriate, particularly via the ISATC web page; (3) where appropriate, support the ISATC input to other organization it acts as liaison to, such as the IEEEUSA Energy policy committee and the IEEE-USA Communications and Information Policy Committee. The ISATC will also work with the organizers of CIS-sponsored conferences to insure and maintain the technical excellence, and endeavor to provide technical and planning integration to the activities of the subcommittees, which it will appoint and oversee.
Current directory of Chairs and members: Intelligent Systems Applications Technical Committee Members
ISATC members are appointed to serve one year term. Reappointment is allowed.
Chair is appointed by CIS President. 2 Vice Chairs are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. TC Members are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. (Number of members varies, typically less than 20)
If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your CV.
- TF1: ISATC "Biometrics" Chair: Ajita Rattani, Wichita State University, (email@example.com). Vice Chair: Ruggero Donida Labati, Universiti degli Studi di Milano, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- TF2: ISATC "Computational Audio Processing" Chair: Emanuele Principi, Università Politecnica delle Marche, (email@example.com); Vice Chairs: Björn Schuller, Imperial College (UK) and University of Passau (Germany); Aurelio Uncini, La Sapienza (Italy).
- TF3: ISATC "Computational Intelligence in the Energy Domain" Chair: Joao Soares, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chair: Dr. Fernando Lezama, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal (email@example.com).
- TF4: ISATC "Hyper-heuristics" Chair: Mustafa Misir, Duke Kunshan University, China (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chairs: Nelishia Pillay, University of Pretoria, South Africa (email@example.com), Rong Qu, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom (Rong.Qu@nottingham.ac.uk).
- TF6: ISATC "Intelligent Network Systems" Chair: Dr Rung-Tzuo Liaw Fu, Jen Catholic University, (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chairs: Chuan-Kang Ting, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan, Email: (email@example.com); Shengxiang Yang, De Montfort University, UK, Email: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- TF7: ISATC "Evolutionary Deep Learning and Applications" Chair: Bing Xue, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (bing.Xue@ecs.vuw.ac.nz); Vice-Chairs: Yanan San, Southern China University, China (email@example.com).
- TF8: ISATC "Robotics" Chair: Janos Botzheim, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary, (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chair: Wei Hong Chin, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo, (email@example.com).
- TF9: ISATC "Smart Grid" Chair: Ganesh Kumar Venayagamoorthy (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chairs: Komla Folly, University of Cape Town, South Africa (email@example.com).
- TF10: ISATC "Security, Surveillance and Defense Applications" Chair: Prof Marco Cococcioni, Department of Information Engineering, University of Pisa, (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chair: James Keller, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA; Rafael Falcon,Larus Technologies, Canada.
- TF12: ISATC "Transfer Learning and Transfer Optimization", Chair: Liang Feng, College of Computer Science, Chongqing University (email@example.com); Vice Chairs: Bing Xue, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (bing.Xue@ecs.vuw.ac.nz).
- TF13: ISATC "Intelligent Systems for Health" Chair: Dr. Cheng He, Southern University of Science and Technology, (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vice Chairs: Amir Hussain and Rong Qu.
- TF14: ISATC "Intelligent Systems for Cybersecurity of IoT" Chair: Zhen Ni; Vice Chairs: Harith Al-Sahaf and G. Kumar Venayagamoorthy.
- TF15: ISATC "Computational Intelligence for Industrial Process" Chair: Wen Yu; Vice Chair: Jinliang Ding.
- TF16: ISATC "Computational Intelligence for Diversity, Equity and InclusivitY (DEITY)" Chair: Svetlana, University of Calgary,Canada (email@example.com); Vice Chairs: Nelishia Pillay, University of Pretoria, South Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org), Parimala, University of Manitoba, Canada (parimala.Thulasiraman@umanitoba.ca).