Data Mining and Big Data Analytics Technical Committee
Under the supervision and the coordination of the IEEE CIS Technical Activities Committee, The Data Mining and Big Data Analytics Technical Committee (DMTC) is established to: (1) promote the research, development, education and understanding the principles and applications of data mining and big data analytics and (2) to help researchers whose background is primarily in computational intelligence in increasing their contributions to this area.
DMTC shall have a Chair, two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. The Chair shall be appointed by the President of the Society in January. The DMTC Chair shall appoint two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. TC Chairs shall be appointed by the President of the Society in January. The TC Chair will then appoint two TC Vice-Chairs and TC Members. The appointment of the TC Vice-Chairs and the TC Members needs to be approved by the Vice President for Technical Activities. TC Chairs, Vice-Chairs and committee members must all be IEEE CIS members. The term of service expires at the end of the calendar year for which they have been appointed. If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to email@example.com with a link to your CV.
Committees Chairs and Members
Current directory of Chairs and members: Data Mining and Big Data Analytics Technical Committee Members.
Funding for the committee shall be provided by the CIS in the annual budget request. Once approved by the CIS ExCom and AdCom, funds will be available to support the DMTC activities. The Chair shall be responsible for the appropriate use of the approved funds with supporting documentation.
The DMTC shall engage in various activities in order to advance the goals described above, including but not limited to the following: Identify and promote new areas of research, propose special sessions to the CIS-sponsored conference organizers, publicize success stories on solving real data mining problems, participate in paper review and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences and publications, recommend candidates/papers for awards and collaborate on production of tutorials and book series with the Multimedia Committee. The DMTC will also assist in soliciting proposals for focused workshops or special sessions and actively work with the organizers of CIS-sponsored conferences to ensure their technical excellence.
Meetings will be called by the Chair once or twice a year, usually in conjunction with the CIS AdCom meetings or as requested by the DMTC members. Sufficient advance notice of the meetings will be given to the members, as well as to other interested parties. The Chair shall prepare an agenda before the meeting, and shall prepare minutes for distribution after the meeting.
This Charter becomes official after at least 2/3 core members present at The Committee Meeting approves it. Subsequent changes and amendments also require 2/3 majority vote.
- Big Data, Chair: Longzhi Yang Vice-chairs: Chengyu Liu and Wenbing Zhao.
- Data Science and Advanced Analytics, Chair: Longbin Cao, Vice Chairs: Eric Gaussier, Bart Goethals, George Karypis, Vincent S. Tseng.
- Educational Data Mining, Chair: Gang Li, Vice Chairs: Ly Tran, Christos Douligeris, Aswani Kumar Cherukuri, Xiaoliang Fan.
- Medical Data Analysis, Chair: José D. Martín, Vice Chairs: Paulo Lisboa, Alfredo Vellido.
- Process Mining, Chair: Boudewijn van Dongen, Vice Chairs: Moe Wynn.
- Granular Data Mining for Big Data, Chair: Weiping Ding, Vice Chairs: Witold Pedrycz, Zehong Cao.
- Reservoir Computing, Chair: Claudio Gallicchio, Vice Chairs: Alessio Micheli.
- Explainable Machine Learning, Chair: Alfredo Vellido, Vice Chairs: Paulo Lisboa, Qi Chen.
- High dimensional data analysis, Chair: Ata Kaban, Vice-Chairs: Prof. Dr. Frank-Michael Schleif, and Prof. Dr Thomas Villmann.