Bioinformatics and Bioengineering Technical Committee
Who We Are
The Bioinformatics and Bioengineering Technical Committee (BBTC) is established to promote the research, development, education, and understanding of computational intelligence methods in the application areas of bioinformatics, bioengineering, and computational biology.
What We Do
The BBTC shall engage in various activities in order to promote the wider acceptance of computational intelligence as a viable technology, including but not limited to the following:
- Organize special sessions for CIS-sponsored conferences
- Participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences
- Nominate lecturers for the CIS distinguished speakers program
- Collaborate on production of tutorials
- Promote IEEE Senior Members and Fellows program
- Sponsor publication of books or CDs, and organize specialized focused symposia, workshops, or meetings
- The BBTC will actively work with the organizers of CIS-sponsored conferences to ensure and maintain technical excellence
- Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi, Chair
- Richard Allmendiner and Jennifer Hallinan, Vice Chairs
Current directory of Chairs and members: Bioinformatics and Bioengineering Technical Committee Members
BBTC members are appointed to serve one year term. Reappointment is allowed.
Chair is appointed by CIS President. 2 Vice Chairs are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. TC Members are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. (Number of members varies, typically less than 20)
If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to email@example.com with a link to your CV.
- Optimization Methods in Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (OMBB), Chair: James Hughes, Vice-Chair: Steven Corns
- Advanced Representation in Biological and Medical Search and Optimization, Chair: Marco S. Nobile, Vice-chair: Daniele M. Papetti