Games Technical Committee
What We Do
The GTC shall engage in various activities in order to identify and nurture emergent technologies of interest to the CIS, including but not limited to the following:
- Organise the annual IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Games
- Organise game-based competitions to enable effective evaluation of a wide range of computational intelligence techniques
- The propose special sessions to the CIS-sponsored conference organizers
- Participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences and publications
- Promote IEEE Senior Members and Fellows program
- Collaborate on production of tutorials, and book series with the Multimedia Committee
- Facilitate local chapters activities and organize specialized workshops or meetings
- The GTC will assist in soliciting conference proposals and actively work with the organizers of CIS sponsored conferences to ensure their technical excellence
Who We Are
The Games Technical Committee (GTC) purpose is to provide competitive dynamic environments and are therefore an ideal domain for the study and application of computational intelligence. The GTC exists to promote the research and development of this fertile area of study, aiming to provide a greater understanding of which computational intelligence methods work best on which type of problem, and how games can be enriched by more intelligent agents both for serious purposes, for more entertaining game-play, reduced game development costs, and exciting new genres of game.
- Joseph Alexander Brown, Chair
Current directory of Chairs and members: Games Committee Members
GTC members are appointed to serve one year term. Reappointment is allowed.
Chair is appointed by CIS President. 2 Vice Chairs are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. TC Members are appointed by Chair and endorsed by CIS VP of Technical Activities. (Number of members varies, typically less than 20)
If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your CV.
- Procedural Content Generation, Chair: Jialin Liu, Vice-Chairs: Georgios Yannakakis, Simon Lucas
- Automatic Gameplay Evaluation, Chair: Vanessa Volz, Vice-Chair: Alena Denisova
- Gamification Research and Education, Chair: Eduard Leonardo Sierra-Ballen, Vice-Chairs: Daniela López De Luise, Mario A. Bruno