Emergent Technologies Technical Committee
Under the supervision and the coordination of the IEEE CIS Technical Activities Committee, The Emergent Technologies Technical Committee (ETTC) is established to promote and nurture new and emergent approaches, concepts, and areas that relate or are within the scope of the CIS and should be embraced by the CIS in tangible ways such as sponsorship of conferences, symposia, and educational activities. The ETTC also recommends new TCs to the CIS when necessary.
ETTC shall have a Chair, two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. The Chair shall be appointed by the President of the Society in January. The ETTC Chair shall appoint two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. The appointment of the TC Vice-Chairs and the TC Members needs to be approved by the Vice President for Technical Activities. TC Chairs, Vice-Chairs and committee members must all be IEEE CIS members. The term of service expires at the end of the calendar year for which they have been appointed. If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your CV.
Committees Chairs and Members
Current directory of Chairs and members: Emergent Technologies Technical Committee Members.
Funding for the committee shall be provided by the CIS in the annual budget request. Once approved by the CIS ExCom and AdCom, funds will be available to support the ETTC activities. The Chair shall be responsible for the appropriate use of the approved funds with supporting documentation.
The ETTC shall engage in various activities in order to identify and nurture emergent technologies of interest to the CIS, including but not limited to the following: propose special sessions to the CIS-sponsored conference organizers, participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences and publications, promote IEEE Senior Members and Fellows program, collaborate on production of tutorials, and book series with the Multimedia Committee, facilitate local chapters activities and organize specialized workshops or meetings. The ETTC will assist in soliciting conference proposals and actively work with the organizers of CISsponsored conferences to ensure their technical excellence.
Meetings will be called by the Chair once or twice a year, usually in conjunction with the CIS AdCom meetings and the annual International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, or as requested by the ETTC members. Sufficient advance notice of the meetings will be given to the members, as well as to other interested parties. The Chair shall prepare an agenda before the meeting, and shall prepare minutes for distribution after the meeting.
This Charter becomes official after at least 2/3 core members present at The Committee Meeting approves it. Subsequent changes and amendments also require 2/3 majority vote.
- TF1: Affective and Physiological Computing, Chair: Dongrui Wu, Vice Chairs: Faiyaz Doctor
- TF2: Creative Intelligence, Chair: Francisco Fernández de Vega, Vice Chairs: Chuan-Kang Ting
- TF3: Intelligent Agent, Chair: Sabrina Senatore, Vice Chairs: Mario Cimino, Riyaz Sikora
- TF4: Operations Research and Management Sciences, Chair: Rui Wang, Vice Chairs: Jian Xiong, Guohua Wu
- TF5: Towards Human-like Intelligence, Chair: Marek Reformat, Vice Chairs: Jacek Mańdziuk, Włodzisław DUCH, Ah Hwee TAN
- TF6: Multitask Learning and Multitask Optimization, Chair: Ashish Ghosh, Vice Chairs: Abhishek Gupta, Yew-Soon Ong, Kai Qin
- TF7: Many-objective Optimisation, Chair: Hiroyuki Sato, Vice Chairs: Miqing Li, Hisao Ishibuchi
- TF8: Memetic Computing, Chair: Zexuan Zhu, Vice Chairs: Ferrante Neri, Maoguo Gong
- TF9: Space and Aerospace Science and Engineering, Chair: Massimiliano Vasile, Vice Chairs: Victor Rodriguez-Fernandez
- TF10: Behavioural, Economic, Socio-Cultural Computing, Chair: Huan Liu, Vice Chairs: Longbing Cao, Touradj Ebrahimi
- TF11: Bio-inspired Self-organizing Collective Systems, Chair: Andrew Adamatzky, Vice Chairs: Alessandro Chiolerio, Georgios Sirakoulis
- TF12: Brain Informatics, Chair: Peipeng Liang, Vice Chairs: Ning Zhong, Gopikrishna Deshpande, Mufti Mahmud
- TF13: Emerging Technologies for Computer Games, Chair: Rosa Rodriguez, Vice Chairs: Shi-jim Yen, I-Chen Wu, Zhiqing Liu
- TF14: Interdisciplinary Emergent Technologies, Chair: Nian Zhang, Vice Chairs: Valentina Emilia Balas, Camelia-M. Pintea
- TF15: Quantum Computing, Chair: Martin Lukaca, Vice Chairs: Shinobu Nagayama, Jovanka Pantovic
- TF16: Machine Learning, Chair: Franco Masulli, Vice Chairs: Eyke Hullermeier, Francisco Herrera, Eulalia Smitdz
- TF17: Unconventional Computing, Chair: Victor Erokhin, Vice Chairs: Andrew Adamatzy