IEEE CIS Meritorious Service Award Nomination Instructions
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) recognizes meritorious service to the Society through its Meritorious Service Award established in 2000. The prize includes a $1,500 honorarium and a certificate. The candidate must be or have been a member or associate member of CIS. For those who are interested in submitting a nomination for the IEEE CIS Meritorious Service Award, the materials needed are the following:
• Nomination Letter with the following information:
• Nominator: name, affiliation and email address of nominator
• Nominee: name, affiliation, postal address, email address and webpage address of nominee
• Basis for Nomination: detailed documentation to justify meritorious service to CIS (e.g., exceptional administrative, managerial, and leadership achievement; proposal and/or implementation of innovative new CIS programs; dedication to the growth and advancement of CIS and its geographic and technical entities)
• Proposed Citation: provide suggestion for the complete, correct, and succinct citation. The Awards Committee reserves the right to make any necessary change on the citation.
• Up to five reference letters supporting the nomination.
The complete nomination packet must be saved in a single pdf file containing the above information in the given order. The name of the file must be surname_of_nomineeMeritorious.pdf.
The complete nomination packet must be submitted by email to the Awards Soliciting Nominations Subcommittee Chair, Prof. Sanaz Mostaghim (Sanaz.email@example.com) and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only when the Awards Chair acknowledges receipt of the nomination packet, the submission procedure can be considered complete.
The deadline is April 30 (strict deadline). Self-nominations are not allowed.
The list of past awardees is provided below for reference:
- 2017: Xin Yao
- 2016: Gary Fogel
- 2015: Marios Polycarpou
- 2013: Gary Yen
- 2012: Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier
- 2011: Patrick K. Simpson
- 2010: James M. Keller
- 2009: Vincenzo Piuri
- 2008: Jacek M. Zurada
- 2007: David B. Fogel
- 2006: Evangelia Micheli-Tzanakou
- 2005: Piero P. Bonissone
- 2004: Enrique H. Ruspini
- 2003: Clifford Lau
- 2002: Walter Karplus
- 2001: James C. Bezdek
- 2000: Robert J. Marks
If you have any questions regarding the IEEE CIS Meritorious Service Award nomination, please feel free to contact the Awards Committee Chair: Cesare Alippi at email@example.com.