IEEE CIS Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award Nomination Instructions
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) recognizes outstanding Ph.D. dissertations that have contributed to the advancement of theory and/or applications of computational intelligence through its Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award established in 2004. For the current round of competition, any PhD dissertation completed in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 will be eligible for consideration. The prize includes a $1,000 honorarium and a certificate. Please note no self-nomination is allowed. For those who are interested in submitting a nomination for the IEEE CIS Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award, the materials needed are the following:
• Nomination Letter with the following information:
- Nominator: name, affiliation and email address of nominator
- Nominee: name, affiliation, postal address and email address of nominee
- Dissertation: title of the dissertation, institution in which the degree was conferred o Proposed Citation: provide suggestion for the complete, correct and succinct citation. The Awards Committee reserves the right to make any necessary change on the citation.
- List of Publication in journals and conference proceedings generated by the research reported in the PhD dissertation;
- Other information, if applicable, that can be used for the evaluation of the PhD dissertation.
• Up to five reference letters supporting the nomination.
• Nominated Dissertation in PDF format.
The complete nomination packet must be saved in a single pdf file containing the above information in the given order. The name of the file must be surname_of_nominee-PhD.pdf.
The complete nomination packet must be submitted by email to the Awards Soliciting Nominations Subcommittee Chair, Nikhil Pal at email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only when the Awards Chair acknowledges receipt of the nomination packet, the submission procedure can be considered complete.
The deadline is April 30 (strict deadline). Self-nominations are not allowed.
If you have any questions regarding the IEEE CIS Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award nomination, please feel free to contact Awards Committee Chair: CT Lin at Chin-Teng.Lin@uts.edu.au.