Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee
This organization is known as the Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee (FSTC) of the Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the FSTC is to promote the research, development, education, and understanding of fuzzy systems technology, including the creation of fuzzy systems theory and models as well as their applications
The FSTC members are appointed by the CIS President with the agreement of the FSTC Chair for a one-year term. The term of service expires at the end of the calendar year for which they have been appointed. Current directory of officers and members: Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee Members
The FSTC Chair is appointed by the CIS President with the agreement of the CIS EXCOM for a one-year term. The term of service expires at the end of the calendar year for which the FSTC Chair has been appointed. No more than two consecutive full terms are permitted.
There is no membership fee for joining the FSTC. Funding for the committee shall be provided by the CIS in the annual budget request. Once approved by the CIS ExCom and AdCom, funds will be available to support the FSTC activities. The Chair shall be responsible for the appropriate use of the approved funds with supporting documentation.
The FSTC shall engage in various activities in order to promote fuzzy systems as a viable technology, including but not limited to the following: recommend candidates to the Awards Committee for the CIS Pioneer Award in Fuzzy Systems area and the Technical Field Award, nominate papers for Best Paper Awards to the Awards Committee from papers published in the Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, propose special sessions to the CIS-sponsored conference organizers, participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences and publications, promote IEEE Senior Members and Fellows program, collaborate on production of tutorials, and book series with the Multimedia Committee, maintain the Committee’s website, facilitate local chapters activities and organize specialized workshops or meetings. The FSTC will assist in soliciting conference proposals and actively work with the organizers of CISsponsored conferences to ensure their technical excellence.
Meetings will be called by the Chair one or two times a year, usually before the CIS AdCom meetings and in conjunction with the annual International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, or as requested by the FSTC members. Sufficient advance notice of the meetings will be given to the members, as well as all other interested parties. The Chair shall prepare an agenda before the meeting, and shall prepare minutes for distribution after the meeting.
This Charter becomes official after at least 2/3 members present at the Committee Meeting approves it. Subsequent changes and amendments also require 2/3 majority vote.
- on Competitions, Chair: Chang-Shing Lee, Vice Chair: Xiao-Jun Zeng
- on Adaptive and Evolving Fuzzy Systems, Chair: José Antonio Iglesias Martínez, Vice Chair: Plamen Angelov
- on Extensions to Type-1 Fuzzy Sets, Chair: Javier Andreu Perez, Vice Chair: Hani Hagras, Scott Dick
- on Fuzzy Logic in Medical Sciences, Chair: Manabu Nii, Vice Chair: Syoji Kobashi
- on Fuzzy Systems Software, Chair: José M. Alonso, Vice Chair: Jesús Alcalá-Fernandez
- on Fuzzy Control Theory and Application, Chair: Kevin Guelton, Vice Chair: Jun Yoneyama
- on Fuzzy Modeling in Brain Computer Interactions and Cognitive Systems: Chair: Li-Wei (Leo) Ko, Vice Chair: Kaleb McDowell
- on Fuzzy Systems in Renewable Energy and Smart Grid, Chair: Marco Mussetta, Vice Chair: Faa-Jeng Lin
- on Web Intelligence, Chair: Marek Reformat, Vice Chairs: Giovanni Acampora, Chang-Shing Lee
Other Web Resources
- Type-2 Fuzzy Logic
- Type-2 IEEE Expert Now Tutorials
- Genetic Fuzzy Systems Webpage
- Fuzzy Systems Software Webpage