Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee
Under the supervision and the coordination of the IEEE CIS Technical Activities Committee, The Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee (FSTC) is established to promote the research, development, education, and understanding of fuzzy systems technology, including the creation of fuzzy systems theory and models as well as their applications
FSTC shall have a Chair, two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. The Chair shall be appointed by the President of the Society in January. The FSTC Chair shall appoint two Vice-Chairs and a number of Members. The appointment of the TC Vice-Chairs and the TC Members needs to be approved by the Vice President for Technical Activities. TC Chairs, Vice-Chairs and committee members must all be IEEE CIS members. The term of service expires at the end of the calendar year for which they have been appointed. If you are interested in being considered for a position on one of our Technical Committees, please send an email to email@example.com with a link to your CV.
Committees Chairs and Members
Current directory of Chairs and members: Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee Members.
Funding for the committee shall be provided by the CIS in the annual budget request. Once approved by the CIS ExCom and AdCom, funds will be available to support the FSTC activities. The Chair shall be responsible for the appropriate use of the approved funds with supporting documentation.
The FSTC shall engage in various activities in order to promote fuzzy systems as a viable technology, including but not limited to the following: recommend candidates to the Awards Committee for the CIS Pioneer Award in Fuzzy Systems area and the Technical Field Award, nominate papers for Best Paper Awards to the Awards Committee from papers published in the Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, propose special sessions to the CIS-sponsored conference organizers, participate in paper reviews and selection for CIS-sponsored conferences and publications, promote IEEE Senior Members and Fellows program, collaborate on production of tutorials, and book series with the Multimedia Committee, maintain the Committee’s website, facilitate local chapters activities and organize specialized workshops or meetings. The FSTC will assist in soliciting conference proposals and actively work with the organizers of CIS sponsored conferences to ensure their technical excellence.
Meetings will be called by the Chair once or twice a year, usually in conjunction with the CIS AdCom meetings and the annual International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, or as requested by the FSTC members. Sufficient advance notice of the meetings will be given to the members, as well as to other interested parties. The Chair shall prepare an agenda before the meeting, and shall prepare minutes for distribution after the meeting.
This Charter becomes official after at least 2/3 core members present at The Committee Meeting approves it. Subsequent changes and amendments also require 2/3 majority vote.
- on Competitions, Chair: Chang-Shing Lee, Vice Chair: Xiao-Jun Zeng
- on Adaptive and Evolving Fuzzy Systems, Chair: José Antonio Iglesias Martínez, Vice Chair: Plamen Angelov
- on Extensions to Type-1 Fuzzy Sets, Chair: Javier Andreu Perez, Vice Chair: Hani Hagras, Scott Dick
- on Fuzzy Logic in Medical Sciences, Chair: Manabu Nii, Vice Chair: Syoji Kobashi
- on Fuzzy Systems Software, Chair: José M. Alonso, Vice Chair: Jesús Alcalá-Fernandez
- on Fuzzy Control Theory and Application, Chair: Kevin Guelton, Vice Chair: Jun Yoneyama
- on Fuzzy Modeling in Brain Computer Interactions and Cognitive Systems: Chair: Li-Wei (Leo) Ko, Vice Chair: Kaleb McDowell
- on Fuzzy Systems in Renewable Energy and Smart Grid, Chair: Marco Mussetta, Vice Chair: Faa-Jeng Lin
- on Web Intelligence, Chair: Marek Reformat, Vice Chairs: Giovanni Acampora, Chang-Shing Lee
Other Web Resources
- Type-2 Fuzzy Logic
- Type-2 IEEE Expert Now Tutorials
- Genetic Fuzzy Systems Webpage
- Fuzzy Systems Software Webpage