Guidelines for Paper Submission
Style for Manuscript
The IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems follows the format standards of the IEEE. The templates can be downloaded from: https://journals.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/authoring-tools-and-templates/ieee-article-templates/templates-for-transactions/.
Here are some of the general guidelines. A list of 4-5 keywords (index terms) and an abstract (described below) are required for all manuscripts submitted to this journal. When submitting a new article through the Manuscript Central System, you may choose your own keywords related to the submitted manuscript. The submitted manuscript must be in the following format:
- PDF format;
- Singled-spaced, double column, standard IEEE published format.
All pages should be numbered. Provide an abstract that is a concise yet comprehensive reflection of what is in your article according to the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be self-contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- The abstract must be between 150-250 words. Be sure that you adhere to these limits; otherwise, you will need to edit your abstract accordingly.
- The abstract must be written as one paragraph, and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- The abstract should include three or four different keywords or phrases, as this will help readers to find it. It is important to avoid over-repetition of such phrases as this can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Ensure that your abstract reads well and is grammatically correct.
Authors are encouraged to put detailed derivations in appendixes.