Call for Project Proposals for IEEE CIS Chapters
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) invites CIS Chapters to submit projects that focus on any of the following topics:
- Interactions with local industry (e.g., promoting membership within people working at a local company).
- Promoting diversity and inclusion (e.g., increasing the participation of women and indigenous groups).
- Mentorship and outreach programs.
- Organization of regional forums focused on topics related to Computational Intelligence.
- Ethical and social implications of computational intelligence.
Each project proposal must include the following:
- A short description (a maximum of 2 pages) of the activities to be developed (mentioning the topic(s) on which it will focus (from the above list)).
- A justification of how the proposed activities will contribute to the topic(s) selected from the above list.
- The total cost of the project (not to exceed $4,000 US) indicating the way in which this money will be used.
- It is worth noting that these funds CANNOT be used to organize Summer Schools or to support conferences. However, it is possible to use these funds to finance events and activities fully organized by a CIS chapter which run in parallel with a conference or a Summer School or act as a satellite event for them.
Who is eligible?
- Any CIS Chapter which is currently active and had organized a minimum of 2 events in 2019. Such events must have been properly reported to the IEEE (using Vtools) AND to the CIS Chapters Chair (Marde Helbig <firstname.lastname@example.org>) by April 30, 2020. Deadline Extended to August 1, 2020.
- CIS Chapters which were inactive during 2019 or are in the process of being dissolved (or have been dissolved) by the IEEE are not eligible to participate.
How to participate:
- Proposals must be submitted to Marde Helbig <email@example.com>
- Please make sure to include in your proposal the email of the corresponding CIS Chapter Chair.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is April 30, 2020. Deadline Extended to August 1, 2020.
- Projects to be financed during 2020 will be selected based on the quality of the proposal, the number of events reported during 2019 and their expected impact. The winning chapter chairs will be notified by email by May 15, 2020.
- The funds must be spent by December 31st, 2020.
- All the Chapters with projects approved will be required to submit a report within two months after the end of the event and no later than January 15th, 2021. The report must include photos of the activities that took place as part of the project as well as a summary of how the money was spent.