IEEE CIS Evolutionary Computation Pioneer Award Nomination Instructions
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Evolutionary Computation Pioneer Award recognizes significant contributions to early concepts and sustained developments in the field of evolutionary computation. This award recognizes two types of pioneering contributions: (1) fundamental understanding and (2) engineering application. This Evolutionary Computation Pioneer Award is considered annually, and may be given to an individual or a group not exceeding three persons who contributed to the advancement of theory, technologies, and/or applications of evolutionary computation by inventing new technologies, creating innovative technical developments, implementing new products, or managing innovative product design or production processes. The prize includes a plaque plus US $2,500 honorarium, plus travel support for each recipient and one companion to attend award presentation in the year of the award. For those who are interested in submitting a nomination for the IEEE CIS Evolutionary Computation Pioneer Award, the materials needed are the following:
• Nomination Letter with the following information:
• Nominator: name, affiliation and email address of nominator
• Nominee: name, affiliation, postal address, email address and webpage address of nominee
• Basis for Nomination: detailed documentation that includes:
• Category of nomination: Identification of the category of pioneering contribution as either (1) fundamental understanding or (2) engineering application.
• Significance of contribution made at least 15 years prior to award date. Please discuss the pioneering nature of cited contribution in light of the category of nomination, the impact on the industry, economy, government, and society, and the impact on evolutionary computation research and development from the point of view of theory, technologies, and/or applications.
• Outcomes: Discuss the quantity and quality of the outcomes.
• Proposed Citation: provide suggestion for the complete, correct, and succinct citation. The Awards Committee reserves the right to make any necessary change on the citation.
• Up to five reference letters supporting the nomination.
The complete nomination packet must be saved in a single pdf file containing the above information in the given order. The name of the file must be surname_of_nomineeECPioneer.pdf.
The deadline is April 30, 2019 (strict deadline).
The list of past awardees is provided below for reference:
- 2018: Kalyanmoy Deb
- 2017: Kenneth Price and Rainer Storn
- 2016: Marco Dorigo
- 2015: Thomas Bäck
- 2014: George Burgin
- 2013: Xin Yao
- 2012: Russell C. Eberhart, James Kennedy, and J. David Schaffer
- 2011: Larry J. Eshelman
- 2010: David E. Goldberg and John Grefenstette
- 2008: David B. Fogel
- 2005: Kenneth De Jong
- 2004: Richard Friedberg
- 2003: John H. Holland
- 2002: Ingo Rechenberg and Hans-Paul Schwefel
- 2001: Michael Conrad
- 2000: George Box
- 1999: Alex S. Fraser
- 1998: Lawrence J. Fogel