IEEE CIS Outstanding Chapter Award Nomination Instructions
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) recognizes the local chapter, through its Outstanding Chapter Award established in 2004, which provided the greatest overall contribution and service to its members; the local scientific, professional, governmental, and educational communities. The prize includes a $2,000 honorarium given to the Chapter and a certificate issued in the name of the winning Chapter. Any established CIS chapter is eligible. The same Chapter will not receive this award more than two consecutive years. For those who are interested in submitting a nomination for the IEEE CIS Outstanding Chapter Award, the materials needed are the following:
• Nomination Letter with the following information:
- Nominator: name, affiliation and email address of nominator
- Nominated Chapter: chapter name and its president, affiliation, postal address, email address and webpage address.
- Basis for Nomination: detailed documentation to justify the nomination for the activities organized in the year of 2019. Specifically, 1) the list of activities that have been actually realized; 2) the innovative ideas to promote CIS and serve the local scientific, professional, governmental, and educational communities; 3) the dissemination activities about the chapter and society events; and 4) the ability of chapter to recruit and retain members.
- Proposed Citation: provide suggestion for the complete, correct and succinct citation. The Awards Committee reserves the right to make any necessary change on the citation.
• Up to five reference letters supporting the nomination. The complete nomination packet must be saved in a single pdf file containing the above information in the given order. The name of the file must be chapter_name-Chapter.pdf.
The complete nomination packet must be submitted by email to the Awards Soliciting Nominations Subcommittee Chair, Prof. Sanaz Mostaghim (Sanaz.email@example.com) and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only when the Awards Chair acknowledges receipt of the nomination packet, the submission procedure can be considered complete.
The deadline is April 30 (strict deadline). Self-nominations are not allowed.
The list of past awarded chapters is provided below for reference:
2017: IEEE CIS Madras Chapter
2016: Xiamen Chapter
2015: Hefei Chapter
2014: UKRI Chapter
2013: Hyderabad, India Chapter
2012: Singapore Chapter
2011: Egypt Chapter
2010: Argentina Chapter
2009: Queensland Chapter
2008: Poland Chapter
2007: Mexico Chapter
2006: Chile Chapter
If you have any questions regarding the IEEE CIS Outstanding Chapter Award nomination, please feel free to contact the Awards Committee Chair: Cesare Alippi at email@example.com.