IEEE CIS Outstanding Early Career Award Nomination Instructions
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) recognizes outstanding young scientists or engineers who contributed to the advancement of theory, technologies, and/or applications of computational intelligence through inventions, new technologies, innovative technical developments, new product implementations, or the management of innovative product design or production processes through this award that was established in 2010. Any scientist or engineer who is not over 40 years old in the calendar year when the recipient of the award is selected is eligible. The prize is a certificate plus US$1,000 honorarium. All material submitted for the evaluation must be in English.
Evaluation: The candidate’s achievements will be evaluated comprehensively in light of:
• the basis for the nomination, in which the individual’s achievements in computational intelligence are described clearly (12 points);
• outcomes that constitute tangible advancements or applications of computational intelligence used by the scientific and professional communities, as well as by government agencies or people in daily life (120 points);
• reference letters by individuals including scientists, engineers, or government officers (24 points).
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for the IEEE CIS Outstanding Early Career Award, please submit the following materials:
• Nomination Letter with the following information:
o Nominator: name, affiliation and email address of nominator
o Nominee: name, affiliation, postal address, email address and webpage address of nominee
o Detailed documentation that includes:
• basis for nomination
• list of outcomes that constitutes tangible items
• Proposed Citation: provide suggestion for the complete, correct, and succinct citation. The Awards Committee reserves the right to make any necessary change on the citation.
• .Up to five reference letters supporting the nomination.
The complete nomination packet must be saved in a single pdf file containing the above information in the given order. The name of the file must be surname_of_nominee-ECareer.pdf.
The complete nomination packet must be submitted by email to the Awards Soliciting Nominations Subcommittee Chair, Prof. Sanaz Mostaghim (Sanaz.email@example.com) and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only when the Awards Chair acknowledges receipt of the nomination packet, the submission procedure can be considered complete.
The deadline is April 30 (strict deadline). Self-nominations are not allowed.
The list of awarded early career is provided below for reference:
2017: Dong Xu
2016: Yun Fu
2015: Nitesh Chawla
2014: Haibo He
2013: Zhi-Hua Zhou
2012: Kay Chen Tan
2011: Oscar Cordón
If you have any questions regarding the Outstanding Organization Award nomination, please feel free to contact the Awards Committee Chair: Cesare Alippi at email@example.com.