Application Packet for IEEE CIS Technically Co-Sponsored Conferences
The application packet must be submitted by the conference general chair to the CIS Vice President for Conferences at least six months prior to the occurrence of TCS sponsored conference.
The General Chair must indicate if he/she applies for technical co-sponsorship with or without proceedings acquisition. Applying for proceedings acquisition means that the IEEE will acquire the technical content of the event, taking the copyright of the papers. These papers will be published in IEEE Xplore. There is a USD$1,450 fee for technical co-sponsorships, mandated by IEEE. In addition, for TCS with proceedings acquisition, there is a fee of USD$22 per paper submitted to IEEE Xplore.
The application packet must contain:
- Indication if the TCS is WITH or WITHOUT Proceedings acquisition;
- Justification for IEEE CIS support;
- Statistics for the conference for the last two years: numbers of submissions and acceptance rates;
- An overview of the proposed Organizing Committee (including General Chair(s), Program Technical Chair(s) and Finance Chair(s)), highlighting those that are CIS members;
- Name of at least one IEEE CIS Technical Committee or Task Force close to the subject of the conference;
- Conference Dates: It is expected that the TCS conferences should be at least one-month apart from any CIS major conferences (i.e., WCCI, SSCI, IJCNN, FUZZ-IEEE and IEEE CEC). An exception can be made only with thorough justification. Please get in touch with the TCS Subcommittee chair to seek such an exception;
- List of non-IEEE CIS technical co-sponsors and/or financial sponsors;
- Any other information you wish to draw to the committee's attention.