Call for Nominations
There are no Call for Nominations at this time.
Archived Call for Nominations
The following positions within the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) become vacant:
- President-Elect (2019)
- VP for Publications (2019-20)
- VP for Members Activities (2019-20)
- VP for Education (2019-2020)
- Five ADCOM Members-at-Large (2019-2021)
According to the CIS Bylaws,
"Section 31. Schedule for ADCOM Elections
Five ADCOM Members-at-Large are elected each year, plus any vacated positions.
The election of President-Elect, Vice President for Education, Vice President for Members Activities,
and Vice President for Publications shall take place in even-numbered years."
This is the official call for nominations, including self-nominations, for the above vacancies. In the case of nominations, the nominee needs to accept to serve in the position if he/she is selected and to prepare a position statement as part of the nomination package (see below).
The nomination materials should include the following:
- A brief CV of no more than 2 pages.
- A position statement of no more than 1 page, explaining
- (a) your vision of CIS's society / education / members activities / publications (depending on the position) and how they contribute to CIS's overall growth and serve members' needs;
- (b) challenges faced by the CIS's society / education / members activities / publications and your ideas of tackling them;
- (c) the objectives (has to be SMART) of your term (if elected) and beyond.
(Note: SMART objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.)
- A list of previous volunteering experience within CIS, IEEE, and other professional organisations, and relevant achievements. (No more than 1 page)
Please check CIS Bylaws for the nominee's eligibilty for different positions: http://cis.ieee.org/bylaws.html.
Pablo A. Estevez
Chair (2018) of CIS Nominations Committee