IEEE Day 2022
Upcoming IEEE CIS Webinar with Distingushed Lecturer Hussein Abbass
From Machine Learning to Machine Education
Monday, 10 October 2022 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
IEEE Day is an annual event that celebrates the first time in history when engineers worldwide gathered to share their technical ideas in 1884. One of the IEEE Day's objectives is to show the ways IEEE members, in local communities, join together to collaborate on ideas that leverage technology for a better tomorrow. Celebrate IEEE Day with CIS and register for our live webinar: From Machine Learning to Machine Education with Professor Hussein Abbass, CIS Distingushed Lecturer. Machine learning focuses on algorithms and architectures to enable machines to improve performance from experience. Machine teaching focuses on the design of the experience required by a machine to learn. Machine education is concerned with pedagogical design of the processes to empower an AI-enabled system with the experiences and learning processes to design ethical, responsible, and safe smart autonomous systems. This talk will present on machine education and the pedagogical design of smart autonomous systems. Examples will be provided using neural-network-based machine education case studies.
IEEE Day CIS Chapter Banner Contest
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- To ENTER: Share a picture of your group with the banner by October 15 on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter using #IEEEDay22CIS as one of the hashtags.
- All entries should contain the CIS logo AND the latest IEEE Day logo in it. Find IEEE Day logos here: https://ieeeday.org/
- All entries should show IEEE members at their IEEE Day celebrations ideally. Examples: https://
ieeeday.org/#images-6 | https: //ieeeday.org/#images-4 | http s://ieeeday.org/#images-1
- The Contest Entry submission period is from 1 October to 15 October 2022
- Winner(s) will be decided through voting. Results will be shared 25 October 2022.
- Winning entry will receive $500 for their IEEE group.
- Everyone will receive a participation prize of $100
- All OUs (Student branch, Student branch chapter, Society Chapters, Sections, Sub-sections, Regions) can participate in these contests.
We will be sharing your banner entries across our social media profiles as well as highlighting entries in upcoming CIS newsletters. Best of luck and happy IEEE Day!
IEEE CIS On-Demand Resources:
Creative AI through Evolutionary Computation
Professor Riisto Mikkulainen (EC Pioneer)
Fuzzy Management of Data and Information Quality
Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier (Fuzzy Pioneer)
Deep Learning and the Representation of Natural Data
Yann LeCunn (Neural Networks Pioneer)
The Sorites Paradox: Introduction to Fuzzy Logic
Artificial Neural Networks
introduction to Artificial Neural Networks
Evolutionary Computation - A Technology Inspired by Nature
Past IEEE Day Events
Celebrate IEEE DAY with CIS Distinguished Lecturer Dipankar Dasgupta with Live Talk: AI vs AI: Viewpoints
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT
This talk will discuss some important use of AI in search, optimization, prediction, and discovery; how algorithmic bias can impact decisions; how AI can play dual-role and can be applied in many ways with varying intent. I will also exhibit use cases on “Defensive AI and Offensive AI”, and in designing “Digital Twin”. Finally, I will argue that with the significant business benefits of using AI/ML techniques, there exist possibilities of misuse/abuse or inappropriate use of such techniques. So, regulations such as Algorithmic Accountability Act. become essential for AI-based developers to take responsibilities of their products and services.
To view his coverage by media Click Here.