Style for Manuscript
The IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems follows the format standards of the IEEE. The IEEE "Information for Authors" kit (PDF, 755 KB) can be downloaded from: http://www.ieee.org/documents/info_authors_kit.pdf.
Here are some of the general guidelines. A list of 4-5 keywords (intex terms) and an abstract (described below) are required for all manuscripts submitted to this journal. When submitting a new article through the Manuscript Central System, you may choose your own keywords related to the submitted manuscript. The submitted manuscript must be in the following format:
- PDF format;
- Singled-spaced, double column, standard IEEE published format.
All pages should be numbered. Provide an abstract that is a concise yet comprehensive reflection of what is in your article according to the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be self-contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- The abstract must be between 150-250 words. Be sure that you adhere to these limits; otherwise, you will need to edit your abstract accordingly.
- The abstract must be written as one paragraph, and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- The abstract should include three or four different keywords or phrases, as this will help readers to find it. It is important to avoid over-repetition of such phrases as this can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Ensure that your abstract reads well and is grammatically correct.
Authors are encouraged to put detailed derivations in appendixes.